In June 2018, Hermes Infrastructure and First State Investments completed the acquisition of a 65% equity interest in Scandlines from 3i Group and funds managed by 3i; and 3i Group reinvested to acquire the remaining 35%.
Scandlines is a transportation infrastructure company that has operated its two short-distance, high frequency ferry routes between Germany and Denmark for over 55 years. These routes provide critical transport links between Scandinavia and Germany and the rest of Continental Europe. The company’s eight ferries provide efficient and reliable transportation services to the road and rail, freight and passenger markets, with more than 42,000 departures annually. Scandlines’ owns three out of the four ports it operates, in addition to significant land side infrastructure and purpose built vessels.
Hermes Infrastructure’s investment in Scandlines is part of our Value Added strategy.